Alfriston's Setting

Alfriston is set in extensive grounds on the edge of Beaconsfield, with the school's main buildings comprising two converted houses, a hall/gym, and P.E. complex.

Alfriston is set in extensive grounds on the edge of Beaconsfield. The school's main building was originally an independent boy’s school built in 1907. This was acquired by Buckinghamshire County Council in 1950. It was extended at this time and since then further extensions have been made. Additional buildings have also been acquired or constructed. A large house has been converted to provide additional classroom space and there is also a hall/gym, P.E. complex and heated indoor pool.

Hogback Wood near AlfristonAutumn in nearby woodland area in Beaconsfield

Playgrounds, fields and a fitness trail enable pupils to participate in a variety of sports and physical activities.

Pupil activities in the school playground

The nature area and faith garden support environmental and cultural learning experiences whilst the allotment and our hens provide vegetables, flowers, and eggs for the school shop.

Alfriston School's nature garden

Prefects have the privilege of using a log cabin in the grounds for their social times. The school is enhanced by the surrounding trees, bushes, and flowered areas to ensure the site is pleasing for the whole community.

Alfriston GymAlfriston School's gym facilities